1. Bees have 2 sets of wings that beat in unity.
2. A bee can carry its own wight of nectar and pollen which aerodynamically is 'impossible'!
3. The bee's wings stroke 11,400 times per mintur, making the distinctive buzz sound.
4. It takes 5000 flower visits to make 1tsp of honey.
5. Ancient cave drawings show that honey has been used as a food by man for at least 20,000 years.
6. In a honey bee’s quest for a single load of honey, she may visit anything from 500 to 1100 blossoms of a particular species of plant.
7. In her lifetime the honey bee will fly approx 800 kilometres and produce just half a teaspoon of honey.
8. It takes approximately 2.5 million kilometres of flying by the bees in a hive to produce 1 litre of honey.